I am going to keep it totally real and admit, I have been the worst this Valentine’s Day. But thank goodness I have a few more days. I always have cute ideas and weeklong surprise gifts in my head that would be placed in the most unexpected spot or unlikely time but my execution sucks! So I add it to the rolodex for next year. I like to think of this holiday as fun gifts that I want David to have not so much what he needs or he’s asked for like Christmas. Is that selfish of me? Hmm, maybe but most likely he’s coming up on a pair of shoes or a nice button down so who is the real loser in this situation. I thought of a few ideas I have done or would do for him on a smaller holiday such as Singles awareness day.
- A nice pair of shoes- here’s the deal I got David these wing toed shoes our first Valentine’s (cue the “awe”) and I was terrified to give these to him. In fact I knew it wouldn’t be like an “Oh these are exactly what I’ve been wanting”. No, the guy at Nordstrom had to hold my hand through the purchase even giving me outfit ideas for these. But, can I just toot my own horn? David gets the most compliments on these vivacious red shoes and every time I squirm inside doing the happy dance. Now, these are not for everyone, but sometimes you need a little spice in your walk. So I say, go for it.
- A comfortable fitted tee- I want this t-shirt for myself. It is so soft, made local in LA, and did I say soft. I bought this at Cloth&Metal, a men’s only store in SoCo shopping area. I could buy the whole store. David and I are both obsessed. Really great quality items as well as basics for the everyday guy.
- Cologne- I say this only if you want to splurge a tad. Who doesn’t love a good smelling guy, I mean come on. So, this is self-explanatory.
- Casual watch- I say casual because I think the fancy more dressy watches should be saved for a anniversary or Christmas. This is a black canvas strap watch made by Nixon and I love it. It matches everything and it’s all black. My cup of tea! David can put it on and complete an outfit even if its Vans, plain shirt and some jeans, it just works. This watch also comes in army green, which is just as nice. Do it.
- Socks- I mean who doesn’t love a fun printed pair of socks. Active always have great socks for a great price. Fun prints, good quality, sold and sold
- GoPro- Okay I put this in here for accessories. I think a GoPro is a little extreme for this holiday but hey girl you want to get that do you and get it! Guaranteed he will gush over it. But I think fun gifts for a guy who has one or is active are things like chest straps, the floater case, selfie stick (another selfish want). There are so many fun things to do with these you cannot go wrong.
Hopefully this has helped with some last minute shoppers like me. I hope you all have a very LOVED day even if you don’t have a significant other. Go have a girl date or take yourself on a date! Love is love.
P.S Who isn’t in love with this Maroon 5 Video? Thought it was fitting for this post. uhhhb-sessed.